Participants are given the opportunity to learn the opening, workings and maintenance of Unicamp from the Property Manager’s perspective. Care and use of tools, plumbing, electrical, and carpentry are included along with ethics of team work and the value of community. Projects spearheaded by MIT include:
- building a dock;
- installing a beach shelter;
- installation of hot water in dorms;
- renovation of Summerhill cottage;
- widening Unicamp’s access road;
- building the dining hall deck roof.
This 4 week program is led and mentored by Terry O’Sullivan, Unicamp’s Property Manager. In addition to valuable experience in a positive community-centred learning environment, participants receive room and board and a $100 per week stipend. For more information please contact Terry: