The Head Cook shall strive to embody and grow the values and spirit of Unicamp, honouring the principles and sources of Unitarian Universalism. The Head Cook, in conjunction with the Assistant Cook(s), will supervise and assist all designated kitchen staff, volunteers, and others working in the kitchen in preparing, serving and cleaning up of all meals. A significant part of this position includes the maintenance of high health standards in the Kitchen and Dining Hall. The Head Cook is directly supervised by the Camp Director and will work closely with the Assistant Camp Director.
- Facilitating staff development and accountability according to Mentorship Plan with a Specific emphasis placed on food preparation skills;
- Ensure Unicamp rules, health regulations and Policies are understood and followed by Kitchen Staff
- Schedule Kitchen Staff and inform Camp Directors of Schedule. Work with other leadership staff to ensure there is appropriate leadership team presence.
- Preparing weekly menu plans;
- Preparing meals and supervising kitchen staff in meal preparation;
- Supervising meal service and clean up;
- Keeping inventory of all Unicamp food and kitchen supplies;
- Ordering and purchasing of food, kitchen equipment, and supplies;
- Continuous awareness of fiscal responsibility and diligence in the ordering and purchasing of all food and sundry items.