: The Assistant Cook will assist the Head Cook in preparing, serving and cleaning up of all meals. The Assistant Cook will mentor the Kitchen Staff and CITs assigned to the Kitchen in conjunction with the Head Cooks. A significant part of this position comprises of the maintenance of high health standards in the Kitchen and Dining Hall. This role is integral to the community of Unicamp because the Assistant Cook, as a middle management position, acts as a mentor and a leader for the community.
- Filling in for Head Cook, as lead Kitchen Staff for meal preparation;
- Facilitating staff development and accountability;
- Preparing meals and supervising kitchen staff in meal preparation;
- Assisting with planning of weekly menus;
- Assisting in the purchasing of food, kitchen equipment and supplies.