The Head Counselor shall strive to embody and grow the values and spirit of Unicamp, honouring the principles and sources of Unitarian Universalism. They will assist with programming for Children’s Camp, Jouth and Family Camp. The Head Counselor will work with the Children and Family Program Coordinator to develop and schedule activities that are consistent with the traditions and outdoor environment of Unicamp. Additionally, they will supervise and support counselors as they develop and enact the responsibilities of their roles. The Head Counselor shares accommodation with campers during Children’s and Junior Youth camps. Head Counselors reports to the Children and Family Program Coordinator
- Work constructively as part of a dynamic programming team.
- Plan, lead, and assist with Children’s Camp activities and events.
- Follow Unicamp rules, policies, and procedures and encourage others’ adherence to these rules.
- Supervise the safety and well-being of campers throughout Children’s Camp program.
- Guide and lead LITs and CITs as they develop their leadership and counseling skills.
- Handle minor behavioural issues between campers and/or staff members in a positive and constructive manner.
- Escalate more serious behavioural concerns by reporting to senior staff and assist counselors with this reporting if necessary.
Download a pdf of this job posting here: Unicamp 2018 Head Counselor
Applications close on February 28th 2018 at 8:00 pm.