- Are you skilled with:
- Problem solving
- Human-focused leadership
- And Community Connection?
Then join us at Unicamp!
Unicamp of Ontario is currently seeking a new Camp Director to help shape and manage our children’s camps, campground, and retreat center! The Camp Director facilitates the social, spiritual and ecological development of Unicamp’s intergenerational community through responsive leadership. They seek to enable all staff, campers and volunteers to realize their best potential in a nurturing, cooperative environment.
We are seeking Candidates who are:
- Self-Motivated and Self-Disciplined
- Able to shift gears easily and manage a variety of tasks
- Comfortable in one-on-one, small group, and large group settings
- Understanding of the importance of summer camp in the lives of children and Youth
- Receptive to Feedback
- Willing to learn new skills and grow professionally
Open Season: This position would be mainly focused on managing day-to-day operations, in conjunction with our leadership team, of one of our summer camp programs including preparing the camps for the summer, further developing our staff training curriculum, managing summer staff, and ensuring a safe, meaningful and positive environment for all. Other summer responsibilities will include:
● Oversight of a progressive camp environment while leading the innovation of new programs, activities, events, and connections.
● Supervise and provide guidance t o all on-site camp staff including camp counselors, health officers, and kitchen staff.
● Work closely and collaborate with fellow camp directors and administration.
● Recruit, hire, train, and supervise a seasonal-staff collaboratively with fellow directors.
● Develop an innovative curriculum in the areas of leadership development, character development, and outdoor education.
Off Season:Preparing for the following summer by being involved in the marketing, advertising and development of the program while also being responsible for off-season program development.
As a member of Unicamp staff, the Camp Director shall strive to embody and grow the values and spirit of Unicamp. To accomplish this, this role collaborates with the Executive Director and heads the onsite Senior Staff in managing, supervising, and mentoring a staff team of about 50 employees, mostly Youth and Young Adults. If necessary, the Camp Director role and responsibilities may be shared by two individuals. The Camp Director is occasionally called to advise and report to the Board of Directors as necessary.
- Familiarity with Unitarian Universalist principles and practices
- Highly organized with good attention to detail
- Dependable, timely and accountable
- Knowledge of requirements for kid’s summer camps, campgrounds, working kitchens, and charity organizations OR how to easily access resources about these
- During the open season (mid-May to mid-October), this role is full-time and onsite at the campground in Mulmur, Ontario.
- In the off-season, the Camp Director works part-time hours depending on availability and budgetary allowance.
Full job description can be found here: https://unicampofontario.ca/camp-director-job-description/
Wage Rate and Benefits
- Year-Round Senior Staff Pay is $24/hr
- Room and Board while onsite
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Three days paid sick leave
- Discounted rate for dependent children to attend programming
- Travel on behalf of Unicamp reimbursed at $.61/km
If you are interested in this position, do not hesitate to get in touch with Yvette Salinas, Executive Director by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or with the form below.